Our self catering holiday cottages are a perfect choice for exploring the surrounding countryside, you can take a trip to the Scottish borders, Kielder Forest & Water, Northumberlands heritage coastline, Hadrian’s Wall and Alnwick Castle & Gardens. We recommend you try the following while staying with us:
- The Scottish Borders: an area of outstanding natural beauty, steeped in history, stretching from Jedburgh to Bamburgh’s magnificent Heritage Coastline in the east.
- Keilder Forest and Water: enjoy the beautiful experience of Keilder offering water sports, cruises around the reservoir, idyllic walks, bicycle hire and bird watching (17 miles from Elishaw Farm). Kielder Observatory & Birds of Prey.
- Dark Sky Status: Northumberland National Park, Kielder Water and Forest Park have now been granted dark-sky status. This patch of sky has become the largest area of protected sky in Europe so make sure you save some time for stargazing.
- Trip to the beach: although we cannot guarantee great weather, we can promise a beautiful stretch of coastline. For a picturesque afternoon try Newton by the Sea.
- Seaside adventures: take a trip to Holy island, enjoy Craster Kippers or visit the stoic Bamburgh castle. Or for a great day for all of the family go seal spotting around the Farne Islands.
- Roman Ruins: Visit Hadrains wall, Roman forts, museums and settlements (chesters and vinderlanda), a great day out for History buffs.
- Alnwick Castle and Gardens: take a trip to the original Hogwarts castle, before heading to Alnwick Gardens for afternoon tea or an early dinner in their amazing tree house restaurant. Don’t forget to pop into Barter Books in the old Alnwick station too.
- For Walkers: there are endless adventures to be had from waterfalls, forests and rolling hills. For information why not ask us or refer to your welcome pack.
- Beautiful stately homes: visit the wonderful Cragside House, Wallington House and Gardens or Belsay Hall.
- Shopping: If you fancy a trip into town for an afternoon of shopping and entertainment, head into Newcastle City centre or the MetroCentre
- There are lots of pubs and restaurants nearby, so please ask for recommendations or refer to your local guide pack below.
- Country Estates: Visit one of the exquisite hotels and grounds that Northumberland have to offer. Matfern Hall and Slaley Hall have great deals on spa days, Go Ape, Golf, quad biking and other adventure activities- it’s guaranteed to be a great day out for all!
- Market towns and villages: wander around the quaint local towns, we recommend Corbridge, Hexham, or Jedburgh. They are great for doing a little shopping, and treat yourself to some coffee and cake.
- William de Percy and Le Petit Château, just down the road. Great for food/drinks and Weddings.
For more information of things to do and see in the area, download our Local area guide.